Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Looking up

This month was pretty productive.  Mentally at least ... 


I didn't even touch my one-word mini.  I finished my wood items for the wall display, but haven't hung them yet.  


I'm still waiting for my last Stash Bee block to arrive so I can begin putting that together.  I haven't yet decided how many blocks I'll make to round it out.


I saw this tutorial on Sew Mama Sew and wanted to make it.  I finished it ON Easter, except for the binding.  I'll work on hand-finishing the binding in between other things ...


This also meant that I put off my One Monthly Goal.  I didn't think I'd get to it, but I did!  Early on I laid out what I already have and made notes about layouts and numbers I needed to finish.  Originally this project was going to be a bed runner for my bed, but I gave my quilt to Sam and the comforter that Rhett bought to replace it is too warm and I'm ready to have a "real" quilt back on my bed.  Sooo, I decided to upgrade this project.


Over the last couple of days I chain pieced 11 blocks, so now I have a total of 30, which means it would measure approximately 55"x 66" before sashing and borders.  I think I know where I want to go from here, but we'll see.

Also this month I really got thinking about a couple of other quilts coming up on my to-do list.  There are 3 I'm really excited about right now ... but I'll leave those for another post.  Well, here's a sneak peak ...


For now, I'm just happy to say I met my goal!
Phew!

Originally linked up as #71, #39 on the finish list!

3 comments:

  1. Yay, a quilt for your own bed! Runners look so pretty, but not so much for cuddling ;)
    Your bee blocks are awesome, let me know if you would like another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for meeting your goal and sneaking in a few other projects as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, those are always good words, "I'm happy I met my goal." I still don't know the plan for the boxes, though. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!