Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March ALOYF Finish!


I finally got to the point today where I could take some pictures.  It's the second day of Spring Break here and I'm seriously underwhelmed.  It's dark and rainy and I wanted to be outside prepping the gardens and taking a couple of hikes this week ...
Say hello to my helpers, Sam & Nicholas.  Yes, they're arguing about where to stand =)


Isn't it beautiful?!  I think this is my favorite to date. (Do I say that every time?)  All those scrappy fabrics came together just how I imagined.


My Hive mates are just amazing.  Look at how wonderfully all those points matched up.  These are just a few of my favorite intersections.


I decided to make one of the blocks I received into the label on the back.  It's the first time I've done it before quilting, so I'm a little excited to see it turn out.  (I used an IdentiPen with 2 writing sizes since I couldn't find a gel fabric pen ...)  Sam helped me pick out a couple of flannels for the backing, so it'll be a soft snuggly quilt.

I actually know how I want to quilt this one, but its going to take a lot of time, so it may be a while before you see this one again ...

Originally linked up here as #110.
Quilt Story

12 comments:

  1. Wow! That has turned out really beautifully, and what a good size it is! Did you add in a lot of your own blocks or did we make a lot?
    I am rather proud to have helped with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so much fun to see this finished Hive quilt posted! It was fun to find my blocks and see how they went together with the others. You have inspired me to get my Hive top done quickly when it comes my turn.

    This was a beautiful fabric for a scrappy swap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My guild is having a class for this block in May that I think I'm going to sign up for. I hope mine looks as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It IS beautiful. I've never seen on this scrappy. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see it quilted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Full of scrappy-goodness, and the colors are amazing all together. Stunning flimsy Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your scrap quilt!!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt turned out so great!! It's fun to see how all our blocks came together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! It does look really great. I can't wait to see it all quilted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!