Friday, November 7, 2014

A Little Random ... Bamboo


For those of you who can remember back all the way to January =) ... These were the quilt blocks that I asked for from my Stash Bee Hive #2 mates (here is that tutorial and here was the preview of all the blocks I received.)

Thursday I got my new Quilty magazine in the mail.  When I flipped to the inside back cover I found this ad:


I was so excited.  It's not my original idea for sure (that is here), but it was fun to see something so similar to my own in a magazine:


The winter rains have settled into our valley, so I was super lucky that it cleared up for a short time this afternoon to take a couple of pictures.  I don't know why I haven't posted this yet, except to venture that I was probably waiting to get it quilted ... I have it folded together with the backing on my to-do shelf.  I hope to get to it soon.  Now that I've pulled it out again, I remember how much I love these blocks!


1 comment:

  1. How cool is that! I really want to have the time to get back to quilting - maybe in the spring when I hopefully retire! Lovely quilt colors you selected.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!