Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival--Boo2U2


Welcome!  I'm glad you could stop by for my little corner of the Blogger's Quilt Festival.
This quilt has literally been in the making for the last year.  I bought the original charm pack while on a shopping spree with my aunt last September (2013.)  When I got home from that trip in mid-September, I immediately went to work planning and piecing.


My quilt is adapted from the cover design of the May/June 2013 quilty magazine titled "Play a Card".  I was drawn to its simple bold lines.  It came together quickly and I was finished with both the piecing and quilting by mid-October.  I started finishing the binding while my kids were in their various activities, and just didn't get it done in time for Halloween.  Oh well.  I folded it up nicely and set it on the end table just beside my sewing table.  And there it sat, and sat, and sat.  I knew I had to finish it for Halloween this year, so I finally picked it up again at the beginning of October and worked on it both at the kids' activities and in the evenings.


This is the largest quilt I've made to date.  It is all straight line quilting on each side of the sashing seams.  I eye-balled it all and I really like how it turned out.  It was also my first time playing with multiple thread colors.  I didn't want to use white in the black border, and I like that little pop the back.


Title:  Boo2U2
Final Dimensions: 60" x 60"
Boo Crew Fabrics with Kona White
Machine pieced and quilted by Me in
September & October 2013, binding finished October 2014
Category:  Small Quilts (barely)

AmysCreativeSide.com

Please visit my other entry, Compass Rose, here.

3 comments:

  1. This quilt is on my to do list, Zen Chic, Play a card. Love the boo fabric line, the simpleness of the pattern. You've thrown in that thin black border, I like that. Was it pretty easy to put together? I was planning on taking it all cut and ready to sew at a quilt retreat next month. Nice finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really turned out wonderful. Yeah to you for getting it finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!