Friday, March 21, 2014

March Stash Bee Blocks


I finished my first block right at the beginning of the month, but because it was realitvely small, I wanted to do two, plus I'm just plain bad about mailing anything.  So it sat, and it sat ...  But I was so UNinspired for some reason.  It wasn't the block's fault--it's one of my faves and I hope to make a whole quilt of them someday.  It wasn't the colors that were requested--bright, colorful, happy colors.
 I've just have had a crappy month.

SOOoooo, anyway, I finally had a fun idea.  Hope Dana likes it ... I decided to use solids.  I didn't realize I had so many bold colorful ones, but it got me off of my rear end and I pieced it in between my Handsome chain piecing.

Meet Handsome ... first block

Isn't it amazing how different they look?  The more I use solids, the more I want to use them.  Don't get me wrong, I'll never give up my fun, amazing prints, but I'm beginning to think about and use solids a lot more.


Thanks, Dana, I really love these blocks--they were mailed yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by! I love to hear from you. Come back soon!